CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

We made it to 31 weeks.

I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. It seems only days ago that I was staring at the picture of our little 5 celled embryos and now there is a solid 6.5 lbs of baby in my belly that are constantly reminding me of their presence.

The perinatologist told me last week that if contractions started after 32 weeks, they most likely would do nothing to stop them. I am not really in that much of a hurry and would like to let these puppies cook until they are good and ready and the risk factorys for RDS are alot lower. Not that I want to be in the hospital any longer than necessary.... He feels that any time that we get after Halloween is bonus. My regular doctor, however, thinks that I will make it to Thanksgiving....he keeps telling me not to worry and that I "will stretch". HA! I literally feel like I cannot stretch anymore. My bellly is sooooo hard.

We had a great time at the baby shower on Sunday. There were a few less people than I would have hoped for but a good time was had by all nonetheless.

We got lots of stuff for the babies and I spent most of Monday sorting through the gift bags that took up 3/4 of my kitchen. It looked like "Babies R Us" threw up all over the place.

I am fighting a little bit of a cold right now. It is the really the first time I haven't felt good since the morning sickness subsided around 14 weeks. I think I have been very lucky. Better to have a cold now than when I am at the hospital. I kept poor Hubby awake last night with my snoring....paybacks can be sooooo sweet! He does this to me nearly every night despite the use of the breather right strips.....

I am getting excited. I am slowly putting together my "hospital bag" and picking up last minute items that we did not receive as gifts. It is just so surreal that in a few weeks, there are going to be 4 of us, not just 2. I mean, I am going to be someone's mom, two people's mom....that just seems so weird to me.

Next week I start my Fetal Non Stress Testing at the hospital. I will be going twice a week until the kids arrive. I also go back to the OB's office for another check up.

The kids are kicking and have discovered that they can get their heads up under my ribs. That is almost as uncomfortable as when the discovered they can kick down and back and kick me in the guts. They are going to athletes....I can tell!!!

So, I guess we are in the final "stretch". (No pun intended!) I have put on 22.5 lbs since my first visit to the doctors at 12 weeks. I am pretty happy with that since it seems reasonable that I will be able to lose that weight pretty quickly. My goal is to get back to my pre IVF weight (the same as I weighed in high school). I have done it once before and I am sure that I will be able to do it again.

0 comments: