CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Milestone Day 8 Weeks






baby "a" is 17 mm long and has a heart rate of 166 beats per minute. (top picture)






baby "b" is 16 mm long and has a heart rate of 168 beats per minute. (bottom picture)






They are doing great and are growing perfectly!




"group photo"




Well, today is officially 8 weeks. We reached the end of the embryo stage and are now at the fetal stage. I went in for my ultrasound this morning and everything is looking great. I am still on all of my restrictions and have to continue with the progesterone but that is a small price to pay. They have grown so much since last week I can hardly believe it. When I saw the heartbeats last week, it seemed like their hearts took up a third of their bodies. This week, is was just a "normal" sized flutter that you would expect to see. It was sooooo cool.




My ovaries are still twice the size as normal and I still have lots and lots of cysts. My body is taking her sweet time resolving all that. My hormones are crazy and I'm sure my body is just taking care the the feti (the plural of fetus?) rather than shrinking everything back.




The nurse was nice enough to give me a prescription for some anti-nausea medication that seems to be working. At least that was covered by insurance......




We return in 10 days for another scan. I suppose I can at least make an appointment with my regular OB/GYN for the next few weeks. I asked the ultrasonographer about hearing the heartbeats and their machines are not equipped to do that. All the technology that they have in this office, and they didn't opt to get the machine with sound.... who knows....

3 comments:

singletracey said...

yeah... how exciting!!!! Cant wait to see the pictures.

Becks said...

Its great - Congratulations on your childrens first graduation!

Mony said...

Two girls.
That's my bet. Good Work!