CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Unexpected Report

Well, I just got off the phone with my ob's office. They were calling with my quad screen results from last week. I honestly hadn't thought much about the test until they called. Well, I am in an elevated risk category. Apparently, there is a 1 in 171 chance that one or both of our babies will have some kind of genetic issue (Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 18, Trisomy 21, etc). The nurse seemed to think that it had more to do with my age and ethnicity (ummmm....Lilly White and 32 years and 10 months) and that there is a 99.4% chance that everything will be fine. They are glad that we are schedule fro our ultrasound tomorrow. I know that this means that I may have to endure an amniocentesis and that is something I am not looking forward to.

Nevertheless, there is concern. I almost wish I did not opt to take the test. Ignorance is bliss.

1 comments:

Mony said...

Honey, you know very well that I feel your anxiety. You are so right, ignorance IS BLISS. I hope that everything looks wonderful on the ultrasound & I guess take into account that my 1:24 and Sara's 1:35 risk turned out fine. Hold onto that. I'm here if you need to talk.