CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 31, 2007

3D/4D today : Family Connections

Today is a day that both hubby and I have been looking forward to almost since we found out that we were pregnant. We are having our 3D/4D ultrasound this afternoon. We will finally be able to see the faces of our children. My parents are driving in today from Pittsburgh to share this amazing experience and then will stay overnight. Hubby has to work tomorrow, so I am sure that Mom and Dad and I will do some more baby shopping. I think they are getting really excited.

Keep in mind that they do have other grandchildren. My sister, who lived in Massachusetts, has a son and a daughter (almost 8 and 3 1/2 years old respectively) and Mom was very used to getting to spend time with them prior to their move to PGH. My parents are only 19 months away from retirement and hopefully, will settle closer to us so that they will have the opportunity to spend some quality time with our children when they are growing up. I t is important to me that the kids know their grandparents. When I was growing up, I had a Grandfather who lived in Florida and Grandmother who lived in Washington, both of whom, I never got to spend too much time with. I have had to deal with that my entire life, not feeling a real close connection with them. I got close to my Grandfather a few months before he passed away, but that was because for the first time, he was living under our roof. Hubby's mother passed away years ago and his dad is in a "old soldier's home" in North Dakota, so that chances of the kids making a really meaningful connection there are pretty slim.

Must go and have my cup of coffee and start some laundry (much overdue) and do some last minute straightening up around the house before the parental arrival.

Oh, and I will post some pictures later this evening of Rumble and Tumble.....

Did I mention that their favorite time of day is between 2 and 5 am. Lots of kicking, punching, general mayhem. And these kids are strong...

I think I am going to be in a lot of trouble when they finally arrive.

0 comments: