CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 26, 2007

3 ALIEN PANCAKES, EXTRA SYRUP



OKAY:


We transferred 3 lovely embryos (aptly names Larry. Curley & Moe) on Saturday. 2 of them were 5 celled and one was a 7 celled. Everything was very uneventful except for the part where I swore I was going to fall off the table as they inverted me for my 30 minute wait. It was kind of funny.




We headed over to the NJ office of Super RE a little early. Hubby was glad to be able to sleep in. I got up, puttered, showered, primped and went down stairs. We ended up watching a biography on Ozzy Osbourne of all people and were laughing because neither of us could understand a stinkin' word he was saying.




We got in the car and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. While waiting to be seated, I get a call from RE's office. Can we come in an hour early? Well, we live 90 minutes away and we are waiting to be seated for breakfast. We got there 30 minutes before our scheduled time. They took us right back, gave me my Valium (sure, that will be effective in 10 minutes.....NOT) and prepped me. Hubby looked so cute in his tyvek and mask. The whole thing was over before I knew it.




On the way out of the office, I ran in to "M" and her hubby. "M" and I are on the same cycle and have been through my of the same experiences and getting to see her made my day. If it happens for both of us, out kids will be EXACTLY the same age and she had her retrieval right before me on Wednesday.




Thinking sticky thoughts 2dp3dt. (two days past 3 day transfer). Another thought which I am not happy about snuck into my head....


I woke this morning and realized that I am going to have to let go of the huge amount of
Anger that I have been harboring over that whole ordeal with the previous Doctor’s office.


They would bring me in to do the HCG trigger shot and then 24 hours later, send in a 20something year old nurse in to do the IUI. They never once checked via ultrasound to see if I had actually ovulated. When I questioned them, they said that "there was no way to really tell" if I had ovulated, which I know now is BS. I am so hopeful that this is not going to be that kind of experience


I would love to walk in with a big fat belly and just slap them ( Especially Dr. UsedCarSalesMan). I feel like they were holding us prisoner emotionally every month. They were pushing us towards their IVF program ($20K) and that was out of our price range. They almost had me convinced that there was something wring with me, but every single lab test and diagnostic procedure was normal. Thank God we found SuperRE’s office and Dr. A is just the best.


Hubby reminds me that there is a difference in quality between Wal-Mart and Macy’s. (Isn’t that sweet, he put it into shopping terms for me…something I can relate to…..awwwww, I love my hubby)



I am finally up out of bed for the first time since Saturday and my back and ta-ta's are killing me. I am guessing the ta-ta's are related to the progesterone, the back is related to the mattress.

I must go put the doggies out and make myself some decaf (argggggggghhhhhh) coffee.

4 comments:

Becks said...

Despite your rough ride in the past, you sound really positive. I am sure it will help. Wishing you all the luck in the world. Becks

Sarah said...

i know what you mean, i always wished they would check somehow to make sure i really did hatch those follies after triggering. in my case they didn't becasuse the sperm can live for up to 3-5 days in there, so as long as they knew it was close enough. and for us it turned out to be a fertilization problem anyway, so all those questions are finally answered.

and yikes, progesterone is NOT nice to the boobs! not nice at allll...

best of luck with the three stooges!

Knock Me Up said...

Love the names. My SB loves the 3 stooges and definitely would have picked those name if I'd let him. I love Donald Duck's nephews plus they have great duck voices.

I'm pretty let down and angry by my last clinic too -- it is so unfortunate that some doctors forget their jobs are, in the end, about people and not just science. There has to be a balance. Hopefully, you will be able to focus forward. You do sound positive and I'm very hopeful for you.

Happy to be in the 2ww with you.

Take care.
Merideth

Anonymous said...

Please read this book: Waiting for Daisy by Peggy Orenstein

I must stress that this book is not just for mothers, infertile women etc. It is a book about being human and everyone could benefit from reading it. Would be fathers, singles, grandparents - read it. Mothers -buy it. Women who choose not to have children- read it. Women who can't have children, buy it. You will see yourself in her mirror somewhere in her book. It will make you laugh, squirm and cry and you won't be able to put it down. It is one of those books that sticks to your ribs and you will be thinking about Peggy O and her life for awhile. Her high school boyfriend who has 15 children is great non fiction - life IS better than art in this book.

I too suffered from "unexplained infertility" and went through the fertility mill. I now have two beautiful children and I was trying to read the last 14 pages on Saturday morning while my two kids were climbing all over me and begging me to please read But not the Hippopotamus. I selfishly ignored the very children I tried for 4 years to will into being to read a book that touched on that awful, obsessive infertile "I am less than a woman" stale eggs time for me with a sledgehammer.

Peggy O is my new literary heroine.